Cuckoo is a new challenger broadband company backed by successful investors with experience from Octopus, Deliveroo and Monzo. Cuckoo’s vision is to make the internet frictionless. Cuckoo offers the fastest speeds, the fairest prices and fantastic service. Cuckoo uses 1% of each bill to help get the internet to places it's needed most, like refugee camps, natural disaster sites and even communities in the UK.
Revolut took on the banks. Octopus took on the energy providers. Cuckoo is taking on the broadband companies
Cuckoo is top rated on TrustPilot and was voted the top broadband provider for customer service by MoneySavingExpert
In September 2022 Cuckoo joined forces with Giganet, the multi-award winning full-fibre broadband provider. Giganet's investment will help Cuckoo grow even more quickly, bringing faster, fairer and feel-good broadband to millions across the UK.
Cuckoo's blog tracks the inside story
🗓 The day-to-day:
You’ll be joining a small yet impactful team of Developers, in a fast paced environment - reporting into Principal Engineer, Alex Fenton. As a predominantly remote team we work autonomously, operating in 6 -week iterations and collaborating closely with other teams such as; Brand/UX, Service and Growth.
You will be:
A key member of the team delivering new features for both our customers and for customer service agents. This will be using our newly created design system and delivered to a high standard. For example:
- Creating visually appealing, accessible, and informative landing pages for our website.
- Driving the full-stack development of our customer service platform.
- Engaging with key stakeholders for our site to understand customer pain points and creating solutions to make our customers lives easier.
- Collaborating via product reviews, code reviews and architecture discussions.
- Because the team is small, you’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in a wider range of projects.
🕵️♂️ What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience working within a modern React.js project.
- Knowledge of GraphQL and how to maintain a GraphQL service.
- Capability to write and maintain small Node.js services.
- The capabilities and drive to work in a startup atmosphere.
- A rigorous approach to testing code.
- To be a quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
And it would be awesome if you had the following:
- In-depth knowledge of Next.js.
- Ability to mentor engineering peers.
Life inside the nest:
💰£70,000 - £90,000
🏖️ 33 Holiday days (including Bank Holidays)
🏠 Flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in the U.K, or from our Second Home office
💻 WFH equipment
🌐 Free broadband
🧠 Mental health support (EAP)
🧘 Monthly wellbeing budget
🍼 Enhanced Parental Leave
👩⚕️ 24/7 Virtual GP access
🧬 Life assurance
💛 £2,000 Employee referral bonus
🤒 Paid time off when you're physically or mentally unwell
✈️ Option to work abroad for 3 months every year